Last Modified and updated on October 04, 2022
The information you share with Haze Straight Buy allows us to provide the products and services you want and need while giving you the absolute best shopping experience.
In some cases, we may also collect information you provide about others, such as when you purchase a Haze Straight Buy membership as a gift for someone. We will use this information to fulfill your request and will not send communications to your contacts unrelated to your request unless they separately consent to receive communications from us or otherwise engage with us.
Types of Information We Collect
We collect information from you and about you. This may include:
- Identifying Information: For example, we may collect your name, unique personal identifier, online identifier, mailing address, email address, postal address, and telephone number, including your mobile phone number.
- Information You Post: For example, we may collect information you post in a public space on our site. This may include our Ratings & Reviews feature.
- Social Media Information: We may collect information you post on our social media pages. We may also collect your social media profile information.
- Information You Submit: For example, we may collect information when you contact us through the “Live Chat” feature on our site. We may also collect information submitted in connection with creating an account, purchase or registering for a membership, and placing an order or making a purchase.
- Demographic Information: For example, we may collect your age, gender, language, and zip code.
- Device Information: For example, we may collect the type of device you use to access our Platforms. It may also include your device identification number, IP address or mobile operating system.
- Location Information: For example, we may collect precise location information from your device. This may include your in-store location. For more information about your choices related to location information, see the Choices section below.
- Commercial Information: For example, we may collect information about the products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, as well as other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other Network Activity Information: For example, we may collect information related to your browsing history on our site, search history on our site, and other information regarding your interactions with our platforms or advertisements.
- Other Information: If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We may look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us. We use cameras in and around our retail store location(s) to capture video and images. We may use these videos and images for security, fraud, loss prevention, law enforcement or incident reporting, or other operational purposes, such as analyzing traffic patterns.
How We Collect Your Information
We collect information in different ways.
Directly From You
For example, when you:
- Make a purchase in our Store(s) or on our Site(s).
- Make a return or exchange.
- Purchase an electronic gift card.
- Create a personalized account on HazeStraightBuy.com, HazeMembers.com or purchase a Membership Subscription.
- Track an order online.
- Sign up to receive promotional emails or text messages (including offers and sales alerts).
- Participate in one of our promotional sweepstakes, contests, surveys or focus groups.
- Use the Ratings & Reviews or related services and features.
- Submit a request to our Customer Service team.
- Interact with Haze Straight Buy social media pages.
For example, when you:
- Visit and navigate HazeStraightBuy.com or HazeMembers.com Site(s) on any device.
- Enable location-based features on our Site(s).
- Click on sponsored links or third-party advertisements.
- Use the Wi-Fi Services provided in some Store(s).
- Visit Store(s); Haze Straight Buy uses cameras in and around its Store(s) for security and operational purposes.
Receive or interact with Haze Straight Buy communications and Site(s) that may contain cookies or pixels
From Third Parties
We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, this may include receiving information from:
- Our business partners, including online advertising networks and companies that co-sponsor our promotions.
- Social media networks or platforms, including Google, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and Instagram.
- Companies that provide information to supplement what we already know about you, including data brokers.
- Additionally, if you create or log into your Haze Straight Buy account through a third-party platform (such as Google, Apple, Facebook, Google, or Twitter), we will have access to certain information from that platform, such as your name, lists of friends or followers, birthday, and profile picture, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such platform.
By Combining Information
For example, we may:
- Combine information that we collect in our store(s) with information we collect through our Site(s).
- Combine information we collect about you from the different devices you use to access our Site(s).
- Combine information we get from third parties with information we already have about you.
How We Use Your Information
We require our associates, business partners, and service providers to manage your personal information properly. Examples of how we may use your information include:
- To Provide Our Products and Services: This could include fulfilling your requests for products or services. It could also include processing purchases or return transactions.
- To Improve Our Products and Services: We may use your information to make our site(s) and store(s) better. We may also use your information to customize your experience with us.
- To Renew Memberships: We use your information to operate our business, such as: creating, maintaining, billing, accounting, and renewing your membership.
- To Understand Your Interests: For example, we may use your information to better understand what products interest you based on information we collect about you and your household.
- To Respond to Your Requests or Questions: This may include responding to your customer feedback.
- For Security Purposes: This could include protecting our company and our customers. It may also include protecting our Site(s).
- Our Companies and others that Offer Their Products and Services (Sharing for Marketing Purposes):We may share information about you with companies that offer their products and services for our and their marketing purposes. Examples of this include products and services offered under the Haze Straight Buy umbrella such as our co-branded product manufacturers. We may share contact information with these other companies so that we or they can notify you of product and service offerings and evaluate new and existing products or services. If you would like to opt-out of this sharing, see the Choices section below.
- Vendors, Service Providers and Consultants: We share information with our vendors and service providers that help us run our business. For example, we share contact information and transaction information with companies that help us:
- process, fulfill, ship and deliver your orders;
- provide customer service and resolve complaints;
- identify, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions;
- communicate with you, provide recall or emergency notices;
- analyze data or member activity;
- design and execute our marketing campaigns, administer our promotions, and provide advertising services;
- investigate and resolve claims;
- allow you to order products online and have them delivered.
- For Marketing Purposes: We may provide you with information about new products and special offers. We may use your information to serve you ads about products and offers. We may tell you about new features or updates. These might be third-party offers or products we think you might find interesting. For more information about your choices related to these communications, see the Choices section below.
- To Send Push Notifications: If you use our mobile apps, we may send you push notifications about new products or special offers.
- Corporate Transactions: We may disclose information about you as part of a corporate transaction. This could be a merger, acquisition, joint venture, sale of company assets, reorganization, divestiture, bankruptcy, or similar type of business transaction.
- Legally Required Disclosures, Other Uses and Disclosures: We share information about you as necessary to comply with applicable law or legal process, such as requests from authorities, regulators, and courts. We share information to respond to complaints or legal claims or to protect the rights, property or personal safety of the Haze Straight Buy companies, our shoppers, members, employees, or the public. We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be linked to you.
- As Otherwise Permitted by Law or As We May Notify You.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Cookies are small text files placed on your device to store data that can be recalled by a web server in the same domain that placed the cookie. The text in a cookie often consists of a string of numbers and letters that uniquely identifies your device, but it can contain other information as well.
Our web pages may also contain electronic images known as web beacons (also called pixel tags or clear gifs) that we use to count users who have visited those websites and gather usage and performance data. We also include web beacons in our promotional email messages or newsletters to determine whether you open and act on them.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please contact us as described in the How to Contact Us section, below. Indicate in your email or letter that you are a California resident making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry.
California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018. Effective January 1, 2020, if you reside in California, then you have the following rights:
You have the right to opt-out of Haze Straight Buy sale of your personal information.
You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information.
You have the right to request us to disclose to you, no more than twice in a 12-month period, the personal information about you that Haze Straight Buy collects, uses, discloses, and sells during the preceding 12 months, which shall include as follows:
- The categories of personal information that we’ve collected and sold about you or shared for a business purpose with our service providers.
- The sources from which we collected such information.
- The third parties with whom we have shared that personal information and to whom we have sold that personal information.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
You may make these requests by emailing us atFeedback@HazeStraightBuy.com or write to us at Haze Straight Buy 6881Bandera Rd, San Antonio, TX 78238. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
If we receive your request from an authorized agent, we may ask for evidence that you have provided such agent with a power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf. This may include requiring you to verify your identity. If you are an authorized agent seeking to make a request, please contact us atFeedback@HazeStraightBuy.com.
How Do We Secure YourPersonal Information?
No method of transmission over the Internet is 100% secure, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable security measures, including physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot promise or guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Some of our Site’s permit you to create a Haze Straight Buy account. When you do you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have certain choices about how we use your information.
- Use the unsubscribe link on any Haze Straight Buy’s promotional emails.
Text Messages & Mobile Coupons:
- Follow the opt-out instructions provided in our text message or mobile coupon.
Mobile Application and Location Based Services:
- If you have previously opted into Haze Straight Buy’s collection and use of location-based information through our mobile application, you may opt-out by adjusting the settings on your mobile device.
- You may opt-out of all location-based information collection on our mobile apps by uninstalling the Haze Straight Buy’s mobile application and refraining from using Haze Straight Buy’s Wi-Fi Services available in Store(s).
Changes in Policy